* Other than Indian, Bangladeshis nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa;
* all visas are issued from Thimphu;
* visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
* Applications for tourist visas are submitted by the tour operator.
* Visa clearance from Thimphu must be obtained before coming to Bhutan.
* Visa clearance takes at least 10 days to process.
* Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without visa clearance.
* At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport.
* Visa applications must reach Bhutan one and half months before your intended arrival.
* Gawaling Tours & Treks will advise and take care of the formality if you travel with us.